Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders. We provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. Approximately 1.2 million Rotarians belong to more than 31,000 Rotary clubs located in 167 countries. Click on the link What is Rotary? to see a video that explains in greater detail the benefits of joining the world’s largest Service organization.
Chestnut Hill Rotary Club
The Chestnut Hill Rotary Club is a growing club interested in helping others, improving the community, providing financial resources to those less fortunate, and certainly, enjoying fellowship. The Club was founded in 1995 and services the neighborhoods of Mt. Airy and Chestnut Hill in Philadelphia as well as surrounding communities. Our club is a member of Rotary District 7450 and participates in various District and International projects and meetings.
Time: Every Wednesday morning at 7:30 am for breakfast and fellowship. There is a guest speaker at each meeting except for a business meeting once a month. We end promptly at 8:30.
Meeting location: Presbyterian Church of Chestnut Hill, 8855 Germantown Ave., just up from Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- Professional Networking
- Service Opportunities
- Local and International Awareness and Impact
- Diverse Friendship
- Leadership Development
A hallmark of Rotary worldwide is our ethical pledge demonstrated in Rotary’s Four-Way Test of all that we think, say or do:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Commitment to our local community
- Projects to improve the physical appearance of the community.
- Projects working with local schools.
- Individual projects are described under Service Projects
Commitment to International Service
- Strong personal, financial and material commitment to Hope Children’s Home in Guyana
- Sister Club: Demerara Rotary Club, Guyana, South America
- Rotaplast – bringing cleft lip surgery to underdeveloped societies around the world
- Power Up Gambia – bringing portable medical care devices to rural Gambia
- Shelterbox – providing temporary shelter to victims of natural catastrophes around the world
- Special projects involving individual members such as the polio immunization program
- Financial support of International Rotary Foundation
- Opportunity to participate support and participate in Rotary International projects
Commitment to Fundraising
Our club annually raises funds to support local, district and Rotary International efforts through activities such as Rotary Roadshow, Halloween Pancake Breakfast, and Lobster Pot.
Commitment to Fellowship
We have fun and enjoy being with each other at monthly socials and members homes, conventions, and district meetings… and first and foremost at our weekly meetings.